Sunday, March 29, 2015

How to Use the Most Basic Essential Oils



When starting out with essential oils it can be a little overwhelming. There are so many oils to chose from. Where does one start? When I first started using essential oils, I started with The Family Physician's Kit. It includes all your basic essential oils that you need around the house.

Here are the Basics:

Lavender (Relaxation)
I use Lavender essential oil for many things! It is great for enhancing relaxation and calming anxiety. I use it on my infant daughter as well, of course, diluted with coconut oil. I use it for any redness or inflammation on the skin, as well as, diaper rash. Lavender is great for after vaccines to apply to shot areas and the bottom of the feet to help relax children. Lavender is also ideal for diffusing in the evenings.

Lemon (Detox)
Lemon essential oil aids in detoxification. It helps detox of petrochemicals, which is why you should never drink Lemon oil, or any citrus oils, out of plastic. Lemon oil also has been known to boost immunity. I put a drop in my water to enhance daily detox. I also cook with it sometimes. Last night I added it to baked fish.

Breathe (Respiratory Blend)
Breathe is a wonderful blend of essential oils that enhance breathing and clearing airways. I use this blend whenever my sinuses are congested. Breathe also makes a great chest rub to enhance breathing and calm coughing.

Deep Blue (Natural Pain Relief, anti-inflammatory)
Deep Blue is an amazing essential oil blend that helps with pain relief. I use this blend on my knees and back for pain relief.

Digestzen (Digestive Blend)
Digestzen is the perfect blend for any kind of stomach upset from nausea to diarrhea. I have Bacterial Colitis. This blend has always helped with any stomach pain I have experienced.

Frankincense- The King of Oils
I cannot say enough about Frankincense. This oil can be used for almost everything! Frankincense is harvested in Oman, Frankincense's birth place. Scientific studies have shown that Frankincense kills cancer cells. I also use it in a blend that I apply to my thyroid, which has helped me goiter to shrink. I use Frankincense on my throat and chest when I have a cough. Works better than cough syrup! I haven't used cough syrup in over a year. I also put a drop under my tongue to boost immunity.

Melaleuca (First Aid)
Melaleuca, also known as Tree Trea oil, kills infection and fungus, as well as, promotes a healthy immune system.

Peppermint
Peppermint oil is great for many things! It has been known to calm stomach upset and nausea. I put a drop under my tongue when I get car sick and for fresh breathe. I also use Peppermint oil on the bottoms of my daughter's feet when she has a fever. Together, Peppermint and Lavender make a great headache rub. I also make a homemade mouth wash with Peppermint, Clove, Myrrh, and On Guard that leaves my mouth clean and fresh, since essential oils have anti-bacterial properties.

Oregano (Immune Support)
Oregano has powerful immune defense properties. I have it "Nature's Antibiotic". Oregano oil and On Guard have gotten me over every cold this year. Oregano has been especially helpful at preventing a cold from persisting and becoming bronchitis.

On Guard (Protective Blend)
On Guard helps to eliminate airborne pathogens when diffused. I use it any time I start to sense that I am getting sick. On Guard has been known to boost immunity and kills germs off of surfaces.

Slim and Sassy (Metabolic Blend)
Slim and Sassy helps to manage appetite, cravings, healthy metabolism and blood sugar levels. Slim and Sassy encourages healthy weight loss.

For further questions about holistic health, contact me @ i.am.davison69@gmail.com
Click here to view more information about essential oils

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me more about how you used frankincense to shrink your goiter ? And how long it took for it to start shrinking

    ReplyDelete