Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Simple DIY Skincare using Natural Ingredients and Essential Oils

As a licensed Esthetician I love making homemade skincare that smells wonderful. That's why I use Essential oils Making your own skincare can save a lot of money. Sometimes making your own skincare can be even better because you avoid all the added fillers, chemicals and parabens. I have found that my homemade skincare feels better, smells better and works just as good as store bought product.

Homemade Youthful Skin Moisturizer

- Glass Jar (Glass is always recommended when using essential oils because they tend to break down petrochemicals in plastic)
- Pressed Coconut oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential oil
- Lavendar Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil

First I mixed 1/4 grapeseed oil and 3/4 coconut oil together in the glass jar. Be sure to mix very well to insure the oils do not separate. I then added ylang ylang, lavender and frankincense doTerra essential oils to the jar and mixed well. I then put the jar in the refrigerator to harden. When applying you only need a very small amount. The oils spread easily and smell intoxicating.



Lavender is great for reducing stress, calming inflammation, reducing acne and healing the skin
Ylang Ylang may help lift mood and create a positive attitude when agitated
Frankincense can be used for numerous benefits, but it is widely known to help heal the skin and scar tissue.

Homemade Cleanser

- Glass bottle or glass dispenser
- Rose Castile Soap
- Lavender
- Melaleuca

First add a table spoon of rose castile soap to the container. Then add 10 drops of Lavender and 10 drops of Melaleuca essential oils. These oils aid in the cleansing process as well as aid in skin healing and decreasing inflammation in the skin. Do not be afraid to use these types of oils on the skin. Oil dissolves oil therefore the oils will help breakdown dirt in clogged pours. I have struggled with acne for years but I never get clogged pores from using essential oils and coconut oil. I experience the exact opposite; clear skin and smooth skin.

Homemade After Shave

- Small glass mason jar
- coconut oil
- fresh Aloe Vera gel
- Melaleuca essential oil
- Lavender essential oil

Combine 3/4 coconut oil with Pure Aloe Vera gel and mix well. Add 10 drops of Melaleuca oil and Lavender oil. This after shave is great for calming shaved irritated skin and also works as an antiseptic. It may also help prevent ingrown hairs and razor burn.

Click Here to learn how to extract fresh Aloe Vera Gel
A great place to find inexpensive glass jars is at Hobby Lobby

One of my favorite products I have made is my Skin Tightening Blend. It is great for loose skin as well as stretch marks and scarring. I have been using this blend morning and night and my stretch marks have lightened dramatically.  My husband even noticed that my skin had tightened up more. I also love that it has made my skin smooth where my stretch marks were. For the blend I used fractionated coconut oil, Peppermint, Slim and Sassy Metabolic Blend, Myrrh, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Grapefruit, and Frankincense  essential oil. I added 10-15 drops of each essential oil to the fractionated coconut oil. I used fractionated coconut oil for this blend because it absorbs rapidly into the skin and doesn't leave an oily residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment