Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Best Essential Oils To Use During Pregnancy

When I was pregnant I was very afraid to use essential oils. Part of that fear came from the widely accessible information online. Some information said it was harmful and some said it wasn't. This left me distraught and confused. I didn't want to use anything to harm my unborn child at the time. I had minimal knowledge of essential oils and what makes each brand different. For example, Doterra offers 100%  Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. Many companies are not pure. Many have fillers and harmful chemicals added to them. Doterra is also third party tested. After I gave birth, I really became more exposed to essential oils, how to use them and how to benefit from them. I now know based on scientific research and findings, that many Doterra essential oils are safe and beneficial for pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.


Here are some of the best essential oils you can use during pregnancy:

DigestZen Digestive Blend- Great for nausea and vomiting; May also help with diarrhea and constipation, which is common during pregnancy.

Breathe Respiratory Blend- I actually did use this oil while I was pregnant. I had a very bad cold and couldn't breath, so I would smell this oil often. It would clear my airways and help my sinuses. This oil blend is also helpful for congestion and general cold symptoms.

Deep Blue Soothing Blend- This blend is great for soothing sore muscles and joints.

Doterra Balance- This is a great blend for emotional health. I personally wish I would've known about this blend and trusted it while I was pregnant because I had emotional issues. My moods were very unstable as well. It can be used for anxiety, feeling weepy or any emotional distress.

Frankincense- This is one of my absolute favorite oils! It is a heal all and very versatile. During pregnancy it can be help boost immunity. It is also great for the skin, organs and emotional health. When in doubt, trust Frankincense.

Onguard- This blend helps to boost overall immunity health. Perfect for fighting off infections. I even use this one on my little one now. Always dilute essential oils with fractionated Coconut Oil when used on children.

Helichrysum- When this oil is applied during delivery, it can help prevent head bruising, swelling and bleeding. It is also helpful for healing cracked nipples from breastfeeding.

Clary Sage- This oil is unique in that it helps to detox the uterus. It can aid in contractions.

Lifelong Vitality- I wish I would've used these while I was pregnant! They are the best prenatal vitamins! This supplement includes vitamins, minerals, a blend of essential oils, and omega 3s. What's unique about these vitamins is that they contain a food nutrient complex so you are sure to receive all those essential vitamins and minerals. I hate when I find out I wasted money on vitamins because they aren't even absorbing. That is not the case with Doterra's Lifelong Vitality.

Useful Tips:

For stretch marks try Immortelle, Lavender and Myrrh. I tried every cream for stretch marks while I was pregnant and nothing seemed to help, but oils help the body heal itself. I highly recommend this regimen.

For swelling/Water Retention try lemon oil, grapefruit oil or cypress.



www.mydoterra.com/jacquelinedavison
Resources: Reinventing Healthcare, Special Edition: Lisa Reed (Founder of The Natural Momma)

1 comment:

  1. The departmental economics surrounding Pregnancy and Parental leaves under Policy 14 are a mystery to most people on campus.

    http://www.bluesupplement.com/womens-multivitamin/

    ReplyDelete